[Vtigercrm-developers] being strict with the bugtracker

Dirk Gorny Dirk.Gorny at Genion.de
Tue Feb 6 07:12:55 PST 2007

Hello Richie,

what you nead is at first the installed versions of DB, PHP, and vtiger which should be collected from a php-script. So the Data is allways wellformed and if there are other things to collect, you can expand the script.
The naxt thing is to build a Webpage where ou can put this in with an upload button and some select boxes for pointing to the module from hich the error apears the action which creates the error and 2 textboxes with the errormessage shown on the screen and a description from the User.

Best regards,

Dirk
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: richie
  To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:04 PM
  Subject: [Vtigercrm-developers] being strict with the bugtracker

  Dear Team,
  As of now, the bugtracker allows bugs to be posted without sufficient info for debugging.
  Is there a way wherein we can make certain fields mandatory please?

  The point is, we must only have those bugs which we can debug if they have proper and sufficient information. Else it only adds to the count and causes more confusion than needed.

  Fathi/Jeff, anything that can be done about this please?
  I guess, we could upgrade to a better version.

  Anyone else has any ideas?

  Richie