[Vtigercrm-developers] My Frustration with vTiger

Brian Devendorf developer at infointegrated.com
Tue Feb 6 06:23:24 PST 2007

Richie (and all),

One of my biggest frustrations with vtiger is the lack of Q&A in the
patching process. I do not have the time I'd like to devote to
vtiger, but there are a few issues that I have seen and I do follow
them in trac, if I cannot fix it myself. The ticket for the HTML
display problems in the Notes Description field is one of those.

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/1588

This ticket was originally opened because you could see the HTML tags
in plain text when not in edit mode. The first checkin began
stripping the HTML tags completely. I discovered this in a matter of
a few seconds. Now this most recent checking removes the quick edit
function (which did need to be removed) and closed the ticket again.
But the issue isn't fixed. The problem of stripping out the HTML
formatting is still there.

Somehow, a process for verifying that the fixes checked in actually
fix the issue needs to be done. I have had to reopen tickets in the
past because they were closed with no fix or explanation. This is a
critical problem with the development process and it needs to be
addressed.

In my opinion, closing tickets without fixing the problems is worse
than just leaving the tickets open. Perhaps a process where tickets
are moved to a resolved status for Q&A, which can then close them
when it verifies the solution.

Thanks,
Brian