[Vtigercrm-developers] Adding another type in Bug Tracker

Mickie mickie at vtiger.com
Fri Feb 2 21:36:03 PST 2007

Dear Team,

I too agree with Brian.

i have also faced this problem. when i am not clear with the ticketdetails i have made comments for clarifications. But did not get anyresponse.
Actually the users or developers who creates the ticket are notfollowing the tickets. Maybe it is hard to followup all the tickets.
so we need a better wayaround like when there is a comment added to aticket then automated notification to the reported user would behelpful.
so when the developer asks some clarification the reporter will be notified and can clarify it.

if we give mail id in cc field, then a mail will be sent. am i right?But we don't know the email id of the reported user. or am i missingsomething?

Hope Trac admins can do that.
Any other suggestions?

With Regards
Mickie

-----On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 1 Brian Laughlin
 wrote ----

I see reported bugs where either more clarification is needed or it would appear that it's a users misunderstanding of how to use the system.  Would it make sense to add another type?  Something like Clarify or something else that makes sense.

An example http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/2968, is this really a bug or setting up rights correctly?

I've also asked for clarification and didn't get a response.  So what is the proper procedure in marking a bug as resolved?  Does anyone do it?  Does someone check their work, what if I did it and I actually misunderstood what the user was speaking too?

Any insights would be helpful, I'd love to help more but not sure how to go about it.

Regards,

Brian Laughlin