[Vtigercrm-developers] Richie, Gopal or vtiger representation

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 04:10:59 PDT 2007

> The bug you mention does not indicate a dramatic flaw in security in my opinion. The passwords
> for POP or IMAP are passed in clear text during the protocol transaction between any mail client
> and the server anyway so I would not consider them to be that secure.

In our organization we use SSL for communication between the server
and clients. Moreover we have options to encrypt passwords using PHP.
There are a pool of system administrators in our organization and I
won't like to let them see other's password. Thats why I am bothered
about this issue

regards
--
Manilal K M.