[Vtigercrm-developers] Richie, Gopal or vtiger representation

clement chazarra chazarra.clement at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:26:46 PDT 2007

Well, we come back to the recurrent problems of communication between vTiger
and the community..
Since 4.2.3, I have been following vTiger, trying to contribute at my level,
but already the communication was very difficult, subscription or no
subscription... Some times answers came pretty quickly but mostly it was
very difficult to get the support you expect.

Already questions raised about the lack of feedback from vTiger team to the
community, but after a while came the  development of version 5, so I
decided to stop pursuing vTiger with my concerns, and even if I paid for
support, I didn't ask a question for months, leaving the team to the
development (At this time I understood that the same people developed and
supported, I may have been wrong.. I hope).

vTiger 5 came out and after a while came back indoors for major bug fixes...
And now 5.0.3 is out, which is great, major improvements, but still, the key
functionalities are still buggy (Migration / emails / Versionning). Anyway
at this point, I felt like a reborn of vTiger, many people were excited, and
we also get promises about a better communication... but so far, it's not
true..

For sure, when vTiger reply on the forum or list, it sounds very kind,
considering the needs and requests of the community, but being polite is not
all, it isn't enough, how long do people as Joe have to pursue vTiger team
to get an answer? And we are not talking about people who just use vTiger,
we are talking about contributors, the heart of an open source project.
Without contributors, I don't see the point to be open source. Personally I
stopped replying to forums a while ago (shame on me) because I don't feel
the dynamic I expect.

Come on vTiger, assign somebody to this list, somebody to refer to, which
will pass all the serious communication to you, with a feet in your team and
the other in the community, a person well known from us capable to represent
us in your meetings.

It's time for a change..

With kind regards ;)
Clem