[Vtigercrm-developers] 5.0GA Migration Script Work

Dennis Grant dgrant at accuratetechnologies.com
Wed Sep 27 05:59:16 PDT 2006

My boss has lowered the boom on me as to when I have to roll out our 5.0
migration, so I've stopped work on merging my 4.3 fork into 5.0GA and
started trying to roll what I have complete done.

I have a pretty big patch against 5.0 GA that implements most of my
fork, but it is lacking a little polish in spots, so it's not quite
ready for merging with the main trunk yet. It does some nice things with
the PDF versions of Quotes and SalesOrders though...

Anyway, I tried running the migration process against our production 4.x
database, and it blew up. Poking around in the logs - thank you for
making that work - has revealed that the problem is that the migration
module assumes that the MySQL utilities (mysql, mysqldump) are in the
webserver path, and that is not a valid assumption; especially on the
default install package that provides MySQL, Apache, and PHP as a single
tarball.

More to follow as I figure it out.

DG