[Vtigercrm-developers] Community help needed

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Wed Sep 27 05:45:20 PDT 2006

Dear Team,

We are currently working on the following and we NEED  volunteers for almost all the activities :-
a) Move common forum posts to the wiki and lock those posts
b) Publish the estimated dates for 5.0.x releases
c) We need information on who all have done integration with any accounting softwares out there as
it seems to be the most commonly asked query
d) Make the product smaller in size still. I feel, the product is even now too big. We need assistance
from you all in this regard. I think we should reduce the size by another 50% at least.
e) Language packs. We are running in circles with this issue. We have tested and tested and still not able
to reach a point where we can rest relaxed. We need help in this.
It will be great if we have owners for this issue who will take this issue to its logical conclusion. The owner
may have his own team/project
f) More language packs needed
g) More blogs needed
h) More advertising needed
i) More bundling of vtiger in CDs,DVDs needed
j) More information on vtiger successes needed so that it enthuses others to use vtiger
k) More information needed on where all vtiger lacks so that we can start working on those areas
l) More themes needed to make the product more sexy
m) More involvement with those given responsibility so that the core team is left free to do what it does best
o) Need more contributions for patches/features. We have started working on this end by notifying the status of
each contribution. I hope this will encourage the contributors to contribute more and add value to the product. Also
we are making it a point to acknowledge all credits.
p) Achieve twice the popularity by the end of this calendar year. vtiger needs to spread virally to all the corners of the world. Tell me what can we
do to achieve this. I have been spending sleepless nights for far too long on this.
q) Need information on sites hosting vtiger so that the customers have an easy option to choose and not scour for information.
r) Try and make the product more plug and play. This can be achieved if we are fanatical about quality so we need more testers
s) Make vtiger as simple as a toy so that anyone can play with it
t) Enhance the plugins
u) Make more plugins
v) Need more sponsors for vtiger
w) Need more wild ideas for incorporating into vtiger as one never knows what will succeed and what not
x) Need volunteers who can peek into the code and say this is redundant code, we can make it work better like xzy

y) Need experienced ppl on board who can guide the young guns

z) Need ideas on how to make vtiger more fun

n) Need more friends, it is so tough at times ..
Thanks for kicking my ass Balduin! I read your blog comment

Richie