[Vtigercrm-developers] language packs

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 08:57:57 PDT 2006

Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands wrote:
> I would suggest make language pack just what they are: the files
> including a different language and let us  ork on not having to change
> any code for a language, in the first place!

What would be the name of a subsequent enhancement/bugfix release of the
language pack:

vtigercrm-i18n-de-5.0.0

My point is, this introduces a whole new release cycle which may be:
delayed in its start from the vtigercrm-5.0.0 release, highly accelerated
(e.g. releases may be rapidly followed by minor improvements), and driven
by first-time or infrequent contributors.

The user (and the packager) is now burdened with matching a precise
language pack ISO code and version number to ensure proper operation.

A successful language pack initiative making independently-timed releases
would need a determined release manager to keep things from getting out of
hand.