[Vtigercrm-developers] Problems in Connecting to IMAP Server and DB Migration in vtiger-5.0

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 06:58:32 PDT 2006

Hi developers,
   I have just now downloaded and installed the amazing vtiger-5.0 and
really impressed with the appearance and usability. But I came across
a number of problems while installing.
I couldn't migrate my 4.2.3 database  to vtiger-5.0.0. I searched
logs/migration.log, but there was no log of any kind. I was actually
trying to load the data through the second method (database dump of
4.2.3). This is still not solved.

The second issue is with the IMAP connection. I tried to configure the
mail account through the
interface provided by vtiger and it was a great failure. In the end I
found that the Connection String through which vtiger is connection is
making the problem. The Connection String with which vtiger is
connecting is:
"{127.0.0.1/IMAP4:993/tls/novalidate-cert/user=dummy at foobar.com}INBOX"

Then I hardcoded my server's Connection String in
modules/Webmail/MailBox.php like this:
$this->mbox = imap_open
("{localhost:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}INBOX",$this->login_username,
$this->secretkey);
and it worked.

I think that something happened with the Connection string, because it
is different from the one that I used.

Reference :  http://in.php.net/manual/en/function.imap-open.php

regards
Manilal