[Vtigercrm-developers] merging the wikis

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 11:24:24 PDT 2006

Richie wrote:
> I am not clear about how the development is related to the wiki as
> mentioned by Jeff. Kindly elaborate. Jeff you state that the trac and
> wiki are tightly integrated. I think this will be an important point to
> base the decision to merge or not. Kindly explain.

Anywhere in trac, if it encounters WikiCase words, it emits a link to the
documentation. If the link exists, you jump right to the wiki doc. If not,
it is easy to create it.

The add-ons at trac hacks are the real integration story. If we
someday wanted to make the source code comments and formatting contain API
documentation, etc., the tools found there would help auto-generate usable
documents from it.

I don't see end-user documentation having much overlap with
developer/integrator documentation in our case.