[Vtigercrm-developers] Perl script for vtiger uitype defines

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Sat Oct 14 09:21:42 PDT 2006

wow :-O

I just tried it out on my code and it worked like a charm, really nice
job.

Now for the bad news :-)

I am not an oficial vtiger developer nor am I on the team in any way. I
am a freelance programmer working for myself and my own clients. I use
vtiger and I am actively developing various modules and enhancements on
vtigerforge. Truth is that most suggestions, code contributions and
offers to help have been ignored, including my offering to fix the magic
numbers uitype problem. So I never got around to it.

I can imagine that the team at vtiger is doing their best to try to keep
up with what, I consider, a very good community and are having a hard
time, you can tell by the types of answers and general "good feeling" in
the developers list and forums; they are trying.

While they are at it I would suggest that you post your script to the
trac and blog it on the developers list which is what we were told to do
a few days ago on the list.

I really hope to see your script applied so that the whole community can
benefit from more readable code.

Regards, Joe.

PD: I am CCing this mail to the developers list so that whoever is
responsable for applying the script that Neil has made can get in
contact if he/she sees fit.
Hope you don't mind Neil