[Vtigercrm-developers] example does not work

alex svetos alex.svetos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 01:41:56 PST 2006

> Hello,
>
> I would need help why the example at
> http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Creating_New_Fields_in_Existing_Modules
> does not work for me.
> I have installed vTiger 5.2.0 on Linux box.
> I put this query:
> "insert into vtiger_field values( 4, '',
> 'event_time','vtiger_login_hist', 2, 5, 'event_time',
> 'Event', 0, 0, 0,100, 2, 5, 1, 'DT~O',  1,  0, 'BAS' );"
> vtiger_login_hist is my prop table., event_time is one of
> its field.
> Then I got some error when visiting a certain Contact:
> "Fatal error: Call to a member function Move() on a
> non-object in
> /var/www/vtigercrm/include/database/PearDatabase.php "
> This error comes from query_result function.
> When I switched on debugging info it was seen that result
> parameter received here was empty.
> Actually I don't know what I made wrong.
> The whole purpose of my experiment would be to have a
> proprietary field on Contacts/More information.
> I hope some one can help me here.
>
> br,
>
> Gabor

Hi,

I don't understand what you want to do. But if you want to add a new field
in a Contact you should do something like this :
if you want to add a new field on Contact, assuming your field ids called
'card_number' you should insert a new line in vtiger field with thoses
values :

insert into a vtiger_contact values (4, an_unused_field_id, 'card_number',
'card_number',
'vtiger_contactdetails',1,7,'card_number','card_number',1,0,0,15,0,4,1,'I~O',1,NULL,'ADV'
)

And add a the new column in vtiger_contactdetails.

(assuming your new field is called 'mobile_phone' and is used to store a
phone number.)