[Vtigercrm-developers] A bug in modules/Emails/Emails.php

Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands remco at artoge.nl
Tue Nov 14 06:58:53 PST 2006

James,

Even the forums, aren't the place to report a bug, instead that
should be done within Track

First see: community tab.
Gives http://www.vtiger.com/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=86&Itemid=133

Then bug tracker, you will need a track login.
Gopal is your man to provide you with a login, ask him:
gopals at vtiger.com

Thanks for reporting any issues,

Best regards, Remco

Op 14-nov-2006, om 15:44 heeft James Tillman het volgende geschreven:

> ((If someone would fix the forums registration, I'll gladly start
> posting these issues on the forums if this is not the correct
> venue.  Until then, I assume reporting in some way is better than
> not reporting at all.))
>
> modules/Emails/Emails.php seems to be lacking some key class-level
> fields.  Namely, these:
>
> var $rel_users_table = "vtiger_salesmanactivityrel";
> var $rel_contacts_table = "vtiger_cntactivityrel";
> var $rel_serel_table = "vtiger_seactivityrel";
> It makes use of these fields in its code, as in the function
> set_emails_contact_invitee_relationship(), but they are not set
> anywhere in the class.
>
> This problem comes to light when you attempt to use the Outlook
> plugin to link emails to a vtiger contact.  You get the typical
> "Invalid return value from vtigerCRM" error message.
>
> I inserted the lines mentioned above at line 38 in Emails.php and
> Outlook email linking started to work.
>
> Most of the Outlook interaction with vtiger in v502 seems to be
> sadly broken out of the box.
>
> By the way, anyone thought of improving the Outlook plugin to do
> something other than stupidly report that vtiger returned an
> invalid response?  Having to use Fiddler or some other HTTP
> inspection utility to just to find the PHP error message from
> vtiger is time-consuming.
>
> jpt

Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands

Artoge