[Vtigercrm-developers] MySQL Migration Tool

Dirk Gorny Dirk.Gorny at genion.de
Sun Nov 5 23:22:15 PST 2006

Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 16:24 schrieb Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands:

> Refering to Dirk question why another tool, I've been developing with
> another tool: see www.radicore.org because I prefer a even stronger
> splitup: in using 3-tier design architecture.
> Although until now it's only been for customisation of VtigerCRM, I
> would love to see the base of 3-tier which is allready within
> VtigerCRM taken a few steps futher.

Hello Remco,

Nice idea, but is PHP (mixed with java, xml, ..) on a 3-tier architecture not
the same thing than putting a new 300HP engine in an old Volkswagen Beetle?
There are better things to deal with a 3-tier architecture.
For exaple using a application server like Jboss and you get rid of much
security issuees by having all those connectors and process encapsulation
allready there.
I had worked a little with openCRX (http://www.opencrx.org/) wich has to my
mind the best architecture (MDA) but must become user-friendly which
vtigercrm is. In my opinion vtigercrm has to do a stronger encapsulating of
the modules and building a crm-core as an interface for the Modules. But I am
not shure if this is actually possible with php. At the end you have another
application server.

Best regards,

Dirk