[Vtigercrm-developers] MySQL Migration Tool

Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands remco at artoge.nl
Sun Nov 5 07:24:38 PST 2006

Hi all,

Well I agree partly, as MYSQL isn't the only database in place! As
their are some who work with postgrssql instead, not to mention the
possibility for Oracle or anything else.
If it's a tool to be used by many other sql databases fine, but as
far as I know it's not.

Refering to Dirk question why another tool, I've been developing with
another tool: see www.radicore.org because I prefer a even stronger
splitup: in using 3-tier design architecture.
Although until now it's only been for customisation of VtigerCRM, I
would love to see the base of 3-tier which is allready within
VtigerCRM taken a few steps futher.

Ton introduce it futher with a
[quote from radicore website:]
3-Tier Architecture

An architectural pattern of software development in which the
application logic is separated into different tiers or layers:

The Presentation Layer or User Interface, which all handles all
communication with the user.
The Business Layer, which has a separate object for each business
entity.
The Data Access Layer which communicates with the database.
This allows individual layers to be enhanced, or even replaced, with
minimal impact on the other layers. For example it should be possible
to change nothing but the contents of the presentation layer in order
to switch from XHTML output to PDF output, or to change nothing but
the contents of the data access layer in order to switch from one
database engine to another.

[end quote]

Best regards, Remco

Op 5-nov-2006, om 16:04 heeft Dirk Gorny het volgende geschreven: