[Vtigercrm-developers] Can we release 4.2.4 already?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 21:11:28 PDT 2006

Brian Devendorf wrote:
> I would prefer 4.2.4 gets released, as 4.2.3 has so many known bugs.
> I think it would focus the bug reporting for vtiger 4 on the bugs
> that still exist in the product.

Sure, its always good to have extra point releases to eliminate patch
trading. vtigercrm-4.2.5 will likely follow soon after.

Based on past tags, our procedure was to put the branch in the exact form
used for release, then copy to a tag using the command:

 # svn cp (url)/vtigercrm/branches/4.2.4 (url)/vtigercrm/tags/vtigercrm-4.2.4 -m 'Tag 4.2.4 for release'

Ideally (and we may not be there yet), a release fileset is a
vtigercrm-4.2.4.tar.gz and vtigercrm-4.2.4.zip made from:

 # svn export (url)vtigercrm/tags/vtigercrm-4.2.4

With no post processing. I guess for .exe installers (if used), that's an
exeption to the rule.

Unless there are any changes to forward port to branches/4.2, we finally
svn rm the branches/4.2.4.

Thanks for doing the release, Allan.