[Vtigercrm-developers] Welcome to Access Control List (Security) Group

Gopal gopals at vtiger.com
Tue May 16 05:23:56 PDT 2006

Dear Team,

We have launched a separate mailing list to discuss about Access ControlLists (aka Role based Security Management) in vtiger CRM.  I hope you agree with me that ACL functionality has a massive impact on vtigercore architecture and it will be going to define the next generation OpenSource CRM for enterprise market.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite all interested people toactively participate in defining various scenarios for functionalityvalidation, so that our end-user community will have a hassle freedeployment after v5 GA release. As a first step, Richie, Don, Frank Piepiorra, and myselfposted different papers at different times. We would like to unify allour efforts into one place so that community will have betterexperience while working with ACL in future.

I would like to mention specially Dr Frank Piepiorra and Brian Laughlinfor taking up interest on this subject and motivating usstarting a special mailing list. I also invite all interested Developers,Testers, Analysts, Usability Gurus, and Tech Writers to participateactively in ACL Group.

http://lists.vtigercrm.com/mailman/admin/vtigercrm-aclgroup

PS: We have decided to use this group as ACL Group (aclgroup) instead of Securityto avoid any confusion as other Security management aspects, such as dataprotection, firewalls, vulnerabilities etc also comes under Security purview. If needed we will start newgroups for other areas.

For a quick overview please refer to my Blog post:

http://blogs.vtiger.com/weblog_entry.php?e=6851

Looking forward for all your suggestions and comments in improving our ACL functionality.

Regards,
Gopal

S.S.G.Gopal
Blog: http://gopal.vtiger.com