[Vtigercrm-developers] Migration capabilities planned for vtigercrm-4.2.5 to vtigercrm-5.0.0beta1?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 15:59:26 PDT 2006

Has there been any discussion of when and how automatic dataset migration
from the vtigercrm-4.2.x series to the upcoming vtigercrm-5.0.0beta series
will be supported?

It would be nice to announce supported (one-way forward) migration of
vtigercrm-4.2.5 (or later) databases to any and all vtigercrm-5.0 releases
starting with vtigercrm-5.0.0beta1.

You might also get a lot of people testing the beta with periodic
snapshots of their production vtigercrm-4.2.5 databases. Expanded use with
real-world data, should be very good for QA.

FWIW, I think vtigercrm should make maximum leverage of ADODB schema
migration features to keep this 'live migration' feature from becoming a
maintenance burden. IIRC Mike Crowe mentioned ideas on the implementation.

Should I open a ticket and milestone it to 5.0.0?