[Vtigercrm-developers] [Vtigercrm-commits] [vtiger-commits] r4398 - in /vtigercrm/branches/4.2: data/CRMEntity.php modules/Potentials/updateRelations.php modules/Users/UserInfoUtil.php schema/DatabaseSchema.xml

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 10:34:32 PST 2006

Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Jeff, is there a way I can cherry pick parts of changesets from a branch
> with the svn merge command?

The way I wrote up the svn merge example, with working-copy merges, would
allow you to cherrypick in the following ways (possibly combining ways):

a) only include selected files in your svn merge command, pulling only
changes to that file into your working copy

b) svn merge a smaller revision range, to get a few changesets instead of
many.

c) after merging changes to your working copy, svn diff your working copy,
and manually undo certain changes (reducing the diff to your URL at rev
HEAD), before committing.

You have complete flexibility with what you commit, svn merge to working
copy simply fetches applicable changes for you.