[Vtigercrm-developers] 4.2 Postgres - Testers needed

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:03:29 PST 2006

Alright I've checked the postgres patch into SVN, tweaked the
installation process and fixed some errors which were quite apparent,
now I need some extra eyes to help me find other bugs.

If you want to help you'll need to check the postgres branch code out of SVN:

svn co http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/4.2_postgresql_integration

then run through the installation process exactly like you would for a
mysql installation.  If you have both mysql and pgsql support in your
php module then you'll have to select which you wish to use, if not it
should be done for you automatically.  Make sure to select the correct
port for you database host it's probably localhost:5432 for most
setups.

In the default setup I've tweaked adodb to output to the browser any
database errors encountered along with a backtrace of how the query
was called.  Because of this you'll notice a bunch of output about
missing sequences during the table population process of the
installation, these errors can be safely ignored as adodb
automatically corrects them.

What is needed is for testers to play around with this and find more
database errors.  If you encounter a problem the adodb debugging
routine should output an error message to your browser page.  Simply
copy the error message (including the query and the backtrace) and
file a bug added a short description of what you were trying to do at
the time.  I'm not sure what the best way to track these bugs is,
ideally each one would be filed as a ticket in trac which blocks
ticket #17, but I don't think trac supports meta bugs.

Unfortunately I'm leaving town today and will be unavailable until
Saturday but if people can help collect bug reports I'll get them
fixed next weekend or some other developer may be able to fix some of
them during the week.

Thanks for all your help,
Allan