[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigerCRM 4.2.4 RC build available

Fathi Boudra fboudra at free.fr
Mon Mar 6 07:23:39 PST 2006

> Hi Developers,
>
> The exe version of vtigerCRM 4.2.4 RC is available in the following
> location http://www.vtiger.com/archives/424/vtiger_CRM_4_2_4RC.exe
>
> Changes has been made in config.template.php and install/2setConfig.php as
> there was execption during installation.
>
> Regards,
> Rajkumar

i looked at your changes as there's a related commit today (r4057) and tested
installshield based installer.

Installation works fine, but there's some mistake like config.template.php is
broken. In htdocs\vtigerCRM dir, config.inc.php and config.template are
identical.

You re-introduced APACHE and MYSQL parameters, to fix installshield based
installer :
$mysql_dir = 'MYSQLINSTALLDIR';
$mysql_bundled = 'MYSQLBUNDLEDSTATUS';
$apache_dir = 'APACHEINSTALLDIR';
$apache_bin = 'APACHEBIN';
$apache_conf = 'APACHECONF';
$apache_port = 'APACHEPORT';
$apache_bundled = 'APACHEBUNDLED';

Do you continue to provide installshield based installer for future release or
as already proposed, switch to vtigercrm addon for xampp (using nsis
installer) ?

$root_directory and all related dirs (like $cache_dir) are wrong, must be
variables. In previous revision, we've got "_VT_*"

You re-introduced version in database name:
$db_name = 'vtigercrm4_2_4';

i removed it previously, because we didn't need to have a different database
name for each release, and if we want a database versioning, please not in
database name.

Finally, you fixed installshield based installer but source installer is
broken.

cheers,

Fathi

PS: i didn't find any zip with the fixes sent to the mailing list.