[Vtigercrm-developers] Module Management

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 06:03:30 PST 2006

Hello vtiger team,
Sorry for cross-posting, earlier I have posted the same thread in
Vtiger Forums.

    I had experimented with dotproject for more than a year and the
most striking feature I noticed about dotproject is the module
management. In dotproject the mosules can be added and configured from
the web-interface and most of them are independent. so we can easily
move them off. This gives both site admins and developers much more
flexibility and freedom.

   IMHO, some modules may be identified as core modules and they
should be included by default. All other modules may be installed and
used at the site admin's descretion. In this way we can avoid some of
the modules like Shoutbox, dashboard if it's not required. This also
enhance the development of more independent modules/plugins. It will
also reduce the tasks of the core developers integrating the new
modules. This has more significance now, because vtiger is moving on
to new vtigerforge.com and this will also lead to the gradual
development of vtigerCRM API.

 Like to hear from the developers in this regard.

TIA
Manilal