[Vtigercrm-developers] Very important question about JpGraph

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 11:46:48 PST 2006

Fathi BOUDRA wrote:
> regarding last jeff post:
> Image_graph v0.7.1 is in debian (php-image-graph)
>
> debian/ubuntu package are on their way to drop :
> * adodb
> * squirrelmail
> * phpsysinfo
>
> and use distribution package.

Is there a generally applicable idiom to check the existence and version
number of PHP libraries, much like we do for the gd extension (meaning C
extension, I presume):

  <?php if (!extension_loaded('gd')) { ... }

  if (isset($gd_info['GD Version'])) {
  $gd_version = $gd_info['GD Version'];
  $gd_version=preg_replace('%[^0-9.]%', '', $gd_version);
  if ($gd_version > "2.0") { ... }

If so, it would be great to put those in a concise script that is called
by 1checkSystem.php.

This would make it easier to update external
dependencies (without mucking with the PHP templates), and also to
inventory dependency requirements for distro packagers.