[Vtigercrm-developers] RC1 tentative date :5th July

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 12:32:24 PDT 2006

Allan Bush wrote:
> The prosperous of an RC release is to increase the number of testers
> to find new bugs.  If no further bugs are found in the RC release
> becomes the final release.  If bugs are discovered then a new RC
> release is created to test the bug fixes and that release becomes the
> final release.

Allan is right, the ticket database should reflect the pending
release's maturity and deferred issues as appropriate.

We need more granularity of versions to properly defer issues that aren't
blockers to vtigercrm-5.0.0

Whoever has trac admin rights to edit/add milestones and versions, please
create matching versions and milestones for:

 4.2.3
 4.2.4
 4.2.5
 4.2.6

 5.0.0
 5.0.1
 5.0.2
 5.1.0  (proposed 3-month timed release, to get the process down)
 5.1.1
 5.5.0  (if we decide on a 6-month timed release cycle, .5s are good)

Then the ticket list can be triaged to help the milestone map reflect the
actual progress.

BTW, I'd like milestone/version editing permissions, if anyone can add
them to the jeffk login.

We need to cut of anonymous access to trac, too. Richie's experience with
a person faking a bug closures is worrisome.