[Vtigercrm-developers] Inventory numbers for the modules PO, SO, Quotes and Invoice

Gopal gopals at vtiger.com
Wed Jun 21 20:28:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

I think it is better to retain the crmid as it is and and provide another column for serial number in each module with auto-increment facilitiy. I would like to have the Serial Number configurable as given below:

Serial Number = Prefix (Auto Incremental Number) Suffix

With this option, users can define their own Prefix and Suffix and auto incremental number according to their requirements.

As suggested by Aissa, numbering based on date also prevailing in some parts of the world. In fact our finance guys (vtiger) are sending invoices to our annual support customers based on the date but they are currently using MS XLS for this purpose. But we have to see how complex it is to handle the serial numbers based on date.

Thanks,
Gopal

----sergiokessler at gmail.com wrote ----

aisa, funny that your invoice # 2206061 is *greater* than 0107061...

can't you use yymmdd ?
in that case, at least the numbers are in a progressing sequential...

mickie, I think is great to provide the serials numbers, but you are
also preserving the crmid, right ?

/sak