[Vtigercrm-developers] activities vs calendar

Gopal gopals at vtiger.com
Wed Jun 14 04:44:04 PDT 2006

I think we are planning to phase-out Activities tab, but it doesn't mean we are completely taking out the functionality of Activities - List View.

I proposed the following solution with my team here in India and sharing the same with you all:

"List View" as a separate view in Calendar along with Day, Week, Month, and Year views.
In List View we can have the Custom Views so that users can filter the data according to their requirements.

In Calendar, list all tasks on RHS similar to Outlook Calendar.
PS: The above approach is followed in Outlook and Yahoo Calendar as well.

I think with this we can phase-out Activities tab and make Calendar module more user friendly.

Please give your views.

Regards,
Gopal

---------------------------------------
S.S.G.Gopal

Toll Free: +1 877 788 4437
Blog: http://gopal.vtiger.com

----fp at crm-now.de wrote ----

Richie wrote:
"All the Activities will be represented in the Calendar alone."

What a terrible idea!!! The activity list/detail view is needed much! This
is currently the only way you can use to sort your activities by creating
custom lists. You may use these functions to answer questions like:
- What are the activities assigned to a specific user
- Which activities are open
- What activities are connected to a contact/potential/lead
ans so on.

Having activities listed at the calendar only would remove these very useful
functions. The usability of the CRM would decline substantially!

Regards
Frank

This vtiger.com email is sponsored by: Zoho Writer. Are you still using your desktop word processor for typing documents? Try the AJAX enabled, collaboration-friendly online word processor, Zoho Writer for FREE instead!
http://zohowriter.com/?vt