[Vtigercrm-developers] prefacing tables with vtiger_? r7003:7004

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Mon Jun 12 23:05:09 PDT 2006

Hi!

I know I am going to b thrashed from all sides for getting this huge change in but
then here goes ....

a) The only intention was to handle integration with other applications. As you all will know, a single db should now suffice.

b) We should have opened a ticket for the same. I will ask Don to do that asap.

c) I am not clear about the following. Kindly explain.
"If you're right that it's about integration, wouldn't we be better off
with an external data access API and encourage/enforce integration across
that interface? It's not like vtiger has stopped frequently adding or
changing tables yet."

d)I am also not aware of any adodb facility which allows us to do this at a single point. If so, I am more than happy to have a look at it. Yes, it is twice the work but better to do the right thing than do things right.

It would be very nice if anyone could provide a doc with the features available in adodb.

I will post all the internal meetings/comments here if that will keep the comm channels open. I should have done that anyway but then do not tell me that I did not warn you guys! Things are ultra fluid here.

I better go and hide somewhere before Jeff and Allan start all the versioning and other queries.

If you want me, i will be in newzealand :-)!

Richie

---- Allan Bush<allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com> wrote ----

  Yeah it's just a string concatenation which isn't really any harder to
do then appending the hard coded string. And all add-ons will have to
adapt the hard coded string anyways they could just as easily use the
configurable prefix.

Adodb xmlschema supports using a prefix so the installation is covered
by changing one line instead of a couple hundred like the patch uses.