[Vtigercrm-developers] prefacing tables with vtiger_? r7003:7004

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 16:22:46 PDT 2006

Allan Bush wrote:
> My next question is why didn't we make the prefix configurable?

Not sure how that would work; every table reference would be a string
concatenation? Does ADODB have anything that supports this automagically?

All add-ons would have to adopt the table prefix strategy, whether it be
hardcoding prefixed names, or string concatenation of a configurable
prefix.

The two likely possibilities motivating the change were conflicting names
internally, and your guess of integration requirements.

If you're right that it's about integration, wouldn't we be better off
with an external data access API and encourage/enforce integration across
that interface? It's not like vtiger has stopped frequently adding or
changing tables yet.