[Vtigercrm-developers] An Impassioned Plea from a VTiger Integrator

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:59:48 PDT 2006

As Sergio said I've kind of taken responsibility for the 4.2 branch
(along with a bunch of help from Jeff and Joel).  Unfortunately I just
don't have as much time to devote to the project as I'd like.

I encourage you to use the trac system as there is just too much noise
in the forums to parse through it all.  If you post a trac ticket with
milestone 4.2.5 I WILL look at it and if you attach a patch
(preferably against the latest 4.2 svn code) I WILL review it and
check it in or leave a comment of why it didn't get checked in.

For my part the lack of feedback from other developers/users has been
somewhat discouraging.  For example after the 4.2.4 release a couple
bugs where discovered so I planned a quick 4.2.4.1 release but I
wasn't able to find anyone to test it and I didn't have the time
myself so that's still sitting on the back burner.

This week I'm partly on vacation and don't have the time to deal with
non critical stuff but I'm setting aside some time early next week to
review any new tickets and get 4.2.5 back on track.  I've committed to
that release, but afterwards unless I see a lot more community support
that will probably be the end of the 4.2 line.

Allan