[Vtigercrm-developers] An Impassioned Plea from a VTiger Integrator

Sergio A. Kessler sergiokessler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:40:25 PDT 2006

On 7/13/06, Dennis Grant <dgrant at accuratetechnologies.com> wrote:
> > v4.x would not be abandoned while there is people interested in
> > maintaining it, that's all needed in open source, interested and
> > executive people...
> > it can be mantained forever while this condition is met...
>
> Yeah, but is it worth it?

well, up to you  ;-)
(I mean, up to the outside comunity, vtiger core team is heavely focused en V5)

> BTW, who is the local Linus?

unfortunely, there is no local linus,
mike fedyk was doing a terrific job on maintaining v4, but then he dissapeared,
and then Philip and Allan Bush were trying to help, but I imagine they
are in lack of time...

you can be the linus of v4 if you want...
it's a meritocracy (it's that spelled correctly ?)

> I agree - and the best way to do that is to be RESPONSIVE.

the problem is there is NO one that can respond about v4,
the core team is working full on v5...
and v4 has no Linus (at least with enough time)...

/sak