[Vtigercrm-developers] Calling all private 4.x development owners

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Thu Jul 13 03:46:19 PDT 2006

Hi!
This is a call to all the 4.x private development owners.

Many of you would have been working on your own version of vtiger as you would have
customized it to your own needs. This is a call for those guys.

The intent is to aggregate most of the common features that you have built and have them
 integrated into the vtiger core codebase. The integration might happen in the 4.2.x branch
 or even in the 5.x branch as needed by the community.

Pros:

By doing the above, you will be able to be in sync with the latest and greatest developments
 happening on vtiger. I understand that the current vtigercrm-5.x code base is not that easy a
read as one would think of but we are working on it. Yesterday we had comments about the
 code not being properly commented, we are working on that right now even as I type this post.
So, the idea I am conveying is that we are not perfect but are listening to the comments and
taking actions too. Hence, please do keep the faith.

Cons:

By maintaining your own code bases, you lose out on the community benefits like
 identifying bugs, feature integration, new ideas, etc.

We welcome your contributions.

Yes, there was a time in the past when I was decidedly introvert and the project suffered. I realise
the folly. Let us get on with it and make vtiger a success.
I have learnt from my past mistakes. Join the team, come on board.

Richie