[Vtigercrm-developers] An Impassioned Plea from an VTiger Integrator

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Thu Jul 13 01:56:58 PDT 2006

Ok Jeff. This is new to me.
Guide me on this.

Richie

---- Jeff Kowalczyk<jtk at yahoo.com> wrote ----

  Dennis Grant wrote:
> Actually, I think with VTiger you are going to see a lot of private
> forks, because individual businesses have their own needs and wants that
> are supersets of core VTiger functionality that simply don't apply to
> other businesses.

This is one of the reasons why I care about making the source more
merge-friendly (particularly short, vertically formatted SQL statement
string lines).

If we can get the codebase to the point where branching and merging is a
manageable burden, customization branches have a fighting chance to be
maintained in the repository. Or use a distributed repository such as
bazaar-ng can be used (bzr has a trac backend now).