[Vtigercrm-developers] An Impassioned Plea from an VTiger Integrator

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at fosslabs.com
Wed Jul 12 08:48:52 PDT 2006

I have started doing the query part as I run into them in my branch.
I'm also moving the query strings out of functions like get_leads() and
putting it in get_related_leads_query() instead.  This way the query can
be used for other things.. like for example if you want mostly the same
output of get_leads() but without the HTML that manged to find its way
out of the presentation layer and into the data layer... don't get me
started on that.
Anyways, with the HUGE db query strings that are used in the system,
breaking them into separate short lines is a great suggestion for
manageability and if it makes merges easier it's like getting your cake
and eating it too :).

Matt