[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger crm licence and debian package

Finjon Kiang kiange at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:21:46 PST 2006

On 2/1/06, Fathi Boudra <fboudra at free.fr> wrote:
> taken partly from Copyright.txt. It seems (for me) a bit incomprehensible.
> Some informations are false (feel free to correct me), which part of apache or
> mysql are in vtiger crm ? I'm not a lawyer but lawyer point of view is
> needed. Some clarity is requested on this subject, especially when you're
> looking vtiger crm story.
>
> cheers,
>
> Fathi

I got the same feeling with you. I'm not a lawyer, too. But I think
vtiger crm must be released under GPL. MPL allows you to modify the
license as you wish, LGPL allows you to use the software which
released under LGPL as a library and choose another license you like.
But under GPL, once your software includes any GPL product, you should
release your software under GPL.

> PS: a bit on gforge, i've got it installed, need to finish to setup it for a
> first use.

Great news. :)

--
Finjon Kiang