[Vtigercrm-developers] 4.2.4 installer creates tables as MyISAM

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Thu Feb 23 19:42:21 PST 2006

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

>Mike Fedyk wrote:
>

>>>Is the use of InnoDB storage necessary for mysql operation, or was it just
>>>a performance-seeking choice?
>>>

>>Do you want transactions?
>>Do you want versioned updates like in postgres?
>>Do you want journaled writes?
>>Do you want foreign key constraints?
>>
>>Yes we need InnoDB with mysql.
>>

>Eep. I didn't know mysql was still lacking all of those features (foreign
>key?!?) without InnoDB.
>
>Doesn't adodb have some way to choose the right storage for each backend
>based on the schema items (as opposed to backend specific options, custom
>or supported)?

Not that I can tell.  There is an alternate format that doesn't use XML,
but you have to build it much like code and it doesn't auto-generate
from what I can see.

>Incidentally, did this manifest after using adodb schemagen functionality
>enabled with recent changeset 3914:3915? I did a fresh install of
>vtigercrm/branches/4.2 recently (well after the update to adodb-4.71), and
>didn't have any readily apparent trouble.

Run this sql on one of your tables:

SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'leaddetails'

If you see type: myisam instead of type: innodb, you have just confirmed
the problem.  I asked Matt to try also with the same result.

Mike