[Vtigercrm-developers] 4.2.4 installer creates tables as MyISAM

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 19:14:10 PST 2006

Mike Fedyk wrote:
>>Is the use of InnoDB storage necessary for mysql operation, or was it just
>>a performance-seeking choice?
>
> Do you want transactions?
> Do you want versioned updates like in postgres?
> Do you want journaled writes?
> Do you want foreign key constraints?
>
> Yes we need InnoDB with mysql.

Eep. I didn't know mysql was still lacking all of those features (foreign
key?!?) without InnoDB.

Doesn't adodb have some way to choose the right storage for each backend
based on the schema items (as opposed to backend specific options, custom
or supported)?

Incidentally, did this manifest after using adodb schemagen functionality
enabled with recent changeset 3914:3915? I did a fresh install of
vtigercrm/branches/4.2 recently (well after the update to adodb-4.71), and
didn't have any readily apparent trouble.