[Vtigercrm-developers] Receiving data from outside sources

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Tue Feb 21 16:46:48 PST 2006

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

>Allan Bush wrote:
>

>>Why all the hate for adodb's xml database generation?
>>
>>It's designed to solve all the problems you seem to want to address.
>>It generates code specific to the database being used without the
>>developer having to worry about the different quirks of different
>>systems.  Also it makes updates super easy without you having to worry
>>about the users starting database version.
>>

>To the contrary, Allan! I have all the love for adodb schema generation.
>I've synced us up with adodb-4.71 specifically to help the postgresql
>support efforts, and to support the adodb schema stuff Mike Crowe wanted
>to get committed.
>
>Not to put to fine a point on it, but I don't think any of us
>(myself included) currently committing to vtigercrm/branches/4.2 know how
>the adodb schema generation is to be directed to effect change in the
>database.
>
>I wouldn't know what to do if I had a schema change to make. Any of you
>guys who know this stuff, please dig in on the 4.2 branch.

Damn, I'm going to have to read some docs... ;)

I thought someone on the list would already know, but we're just arguing
about it when nobody knows how to use adodb to do it.

Oh well, I'm going to have to fix the upgrade process anyway, so I may
as well do this also.  If anyone else has a pointer, don't hesitate to
speak up.

Mike