[Vtigercrm-developers] Receiving data from outside sources

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 16:39:46 PST 2006

Allan Bush wrote:
> Why all the hate for adodb's xml database generation?
>
> It's designed to solve all the problems you seem to want to address.
> It generates code specific to the database being used without the
> developer having to worry about the different quirks of different
> systems.  Also it makes updates super easy without you having to worry
> about the users starting database version.

To the contrary, Allan! I have all the love for adodb schema generation.
I've synced us up with adodb-4.71 specifically to help the postgresql
support efforts, and to support the adodb schema stuff Mike Crowe wanted
to get committed.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but I don't think any of us
(myself included) currently committing to vtigercrm/branches/4.2 know how
the adodb schema generation is to be directed to effect change in the
database.

I wouldn't know what to do if I had a schema change to make. Any of you
guys who know this stuff, please dig in on the 4.2 branch.