[Vtigercrm-developers] Receiving data from outside sources

Fathi BOUDRA fboudra at free.fr
Tue Feb 21 17:34:06 PST 2006

Le Mercredi 22 Février 2006 00:13, Allan Bush a écrit :
> Why all the hate for adodb's xml database generation?

i don't hate adodb. i try to understand how i can use it instead of my sql
file.

really interesting to see how adding sql file to help me to package vtigercrm
can produce.

> It's designed to solve all the problems you seem to want to address.
> It generates code specific to the database being used without the
> developer having to worry about the different quirks of different
> systems.  Also it makes updates super easy without you having to worry
> about the users starting database version.

maybe experience ? why all softwares don't use this fantastic tool to solve
database difference, and system issue.

i'm not against adodb, but i don't understand your reactions for a small addon
file like this, that you don't want to use, telling that we/i hate adodb.