[Vtigercrm-developers] Anyone have shell access to vtigercrm sourceforge?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 04:43:47 PST 2006

I have heard nothing from sourceforge help desk regarding when they're going to
fix the inactive nightly cvs repository backup.

If any of the core developers have ssh access to the vtigercrm area of
sourceforge, please look for the repository directory, which will contain
directories as follows:

CVSROOT
customerportal
outlookplugin
sugar2vtiger
thunderbirdextn
vtiger_crm
vtiger_webforms
vtigercrmoutlook
vtigeroutlook
vtigertoolbar
wordintegration

I haven't used sourceforge shell access, so I don't know what layout it has. If
you find repository, what we need to complete the subversion cutover is:

a) at the *end* of vtiger team's workday, make a timestamped repos backup:
   tar czf vtigercrm-200602071800GMT.tar.gz /path/where/repos/found

b) Announce on this list that an attempted cvs to svn cutover is going to
happen, and CVS checkins should be curtailed for the next 8-12 hours.

c) scp vtigercrm-200602071800GMT.tar.gz to some other host where Matthew can
get at it.

d) let Matthew Brichacek know that the cutover can begin, if he has time that
day to run through the conversion procedure.

e) If a-d happen, Matthew announces before the vtiger team's next workday
begins that the svn repository is open, and CVS should not be committed to
anymore.

If we don't get all the way through that in one day for some reason, we can try
the next day, and so on.