[Vtigercrm-developers] [vtigercrm-developers] Re: Has anyone addressed this data overwriting issue?

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:17:15 PST 2006

> Also, you would have to support old versions of adodb and couldn't use
> the features from the new versions unless you tested for the right
> version before-hand.  Do you want that?  At least you know what version
> to program for when it is in the codebase.  Just because it hasn't been
> update often enough to your liking doesn't mean we can't update it more
> often.  Also a middle-ground may be to just have a variable that
> specifies the location of adodb and default to the one included wit vtiger.
>
> One more thing.  You wouldn't be able to patch adodb anymore.  I forget
> who it was, but they wanted adodb out of the codebase but not until a
> postgres feature was merged upstream.
>
> Let's keep adodb in the vtiger source code.

That was me I needed to use a patch to get the postgres install
process to work properly.  The patch has now made it's way upstream
though so creating an adodb dependency >= 4.70 works for me.

I was going to avoid weighting in on this matter, but looks like I
can't stop myself.  Do to the expressed need to create vtiger for
dummies (I think a lot of stuff outside of the installation process
need to be cleaned up for this to be possible) I understand the need
for the current bundled packages, however if vtiger is ever going to
be included in a Linux package manager then it needs to be stripped to
just the vtiger code and a list of dependencies.