[Vtigercrm-developers] FOSS projects for bounty system?

Joe Stewart joestewart at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 5 14:01:16 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 01:32:58PM -0800, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> --- Matthew Brichacek <mmbrich at fosslabs.com> wrote:
> > Nada on freshmeat or sf.net.  Maybe we should write one :).
>
> I was surpised when my search came up empty, too. Maybe a trac ticket marked
> with a certain component could function as a bounty post?

Launchpad kind of fills in this for open source projects.  Bounties,
Rosetta translation for any project, and built to work with distro's.
Seeing it made me have second thoughts about writing my own reverse
auction.

A couple of notable projects there :)  https://launchpad.net/projects/+all

Of course KDE and all the others still have their own project
environments too.

Joe

> http://fundable.org comes to mind as a possiblity. 5% is about my upper limit
> for acceptable fee-load on an open-source funding mechanism. For the 5%,
> fundable .org seems to offer some thoughtful features for transacting group
> funding.

This also does look like it might work OK.

Joe