[Vtigercrm-developers] Getting started with SVN

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 13:23:09 PST 2006

--- Matthew Brichacek <mmbrich at fosslabs.com> wrote:
> So, when should we make the official switch over to SVN?
> ... do a final conversion of CVS today as well.

ASAP, it seems like the vtiger team has refrained from committing over the
weekend.

Unfortunately, sourceforge's 'nightly' tarball is still the exact same
bytecount as the one we worked with originally:

19127186 Feb  5 15:59 vtigercrm-cvsroot.tar.bz2

Is the same as the one that yeilded:

Total SVN Commits:            3392
First Revision Date:    Mon Aug 30 02:13:46 2004
Last Revision Date:     Tue Jan 24 08:40:10 2006

I think we need to force a nightly tarball backup, somehow. Anyone on the
vtiger team have access to the vtigercrm sourceforge shell account? I don't
know if you can even do a backup without the sourceforge administrator's
intervention. Maybe the sourceforge shell account has access to the repository
root, and can tar and scp it manually.

> The extra features like post-commit hooks can be added as we go
> along correct?  Anyone who wants to help set up these much needed
> features?

Yes, those goodies shouldn't stop us from starting with svn cutover at a
reasonable opportunity.