[Vtigercrm-developers] Comitter access forms?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 12:15:59 PST 2006

--- Matthew Brichacek <mmbrich at fosslabs.com> wrote:
> I don't have any problems with point "a" but I won't assign my
> copyrights to vtiger unless there is a foundation of some kind that
> controls this and a democratic voting process that allows community
> members to sit on the board.

I guess you're right, copyright assignment isn't something to talk about until
a foundation is in place, which isn't even on the radar at this time.

The repository will be helpful here, we can assume it (theoretically) contains
line-by-line 'svn blame' of the codebase, all the way back through when
sourceforge CVS was started.

Anyone who wanted to clear copyright (for some sort of license change) would
have to slog through that and subtract out any code that wasn't written by
vtiger-the-company. And they'd have their own trouble separating out the
sugarcrm origination.

I retract the suggestion. Commit first, answer Lawyer's questions later ;)