[Vtigercrm-developers] beneath the supportstartdate >>> (dd-mm-yyyy) ...wanna hide this....

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Sun Dec 10 14:49:12 PST 2006

Hi,

El mar, 05-12-2006 a las 19:32 +0100, Torsten Zenk escribió:
> Hello,
> i´m new to this mailinglist thing so please excuse me if i act a little
> strange... ;)
>
> Coming from the forum i have a question that i seek an answer for quit
> some time now.
> Maybe someone here can answer this?
>
> i would like to get rid of the Date Format display in the masks where
> dates can be choosen from the calender.
>
> what i mean.
>
> in vtiger i create a new product for example.
> i use the + Button and now see the new mask with a lot of entries to be
> made. Depending on which dateformat you have setup in the vtiger
> settings it shows this beneath the supportstartdate etc. >>>
>
> (dd-mm-yyyy)
>
> I would like to hide this for certain people as they get confused about it.

This is hardcoded so you will have to eliminate it.
You have to look for the block of code:
---------------
{if $uitype eq 5 || $uitype eq 23}
{else}
{/if}
---------------
and comment it in the template files. My search returned 9 files in the
template directory (maybe not all involved)

> Second thing is that i would like the choosen dates to be shown in the
> dates fields as 05.12.2006 instead of 05-12-2006. How can i change this?

This is also hardcoded but won't be as easy to change. I have no idea of
the implications of trying to change this as there are functions that
change/return the dates using the '-' (getDBInsertDateValue)

NOTE: If anybody with more in-depth knowledge can confirm correct ...

Regards, Joe
TSolucio