[Vtigercrm-developers] GA in 2 weeks

Omar Abdel-Wahab owahab at open-craft.com
Wed Aug 23 07:37:44 PDT 2006

Guys,

Great job done with 5 RC.

I was testing the RC on PHP 5.1.2 with MySQL 5.0.18 and Apache 2.2.3 and found
the following issues with the installation script:

0. The script _really_ looks very nice like the whole new theme for vTiger.

1. Call-time pass-by-reference is still there. Very few modifications to the
code will make it 100% PHP 5 and PHP 6 ready.

2. The config.inc.php caused the MySQL server name to be concatenated with the
port number thus providing the installer with 'localhost' as the server name
will produce 'localhost3306'. Thus ALL queries to MySQL will fail.

3. I think it's gonna be better giving the user an option to have table
prefix 'vtiger_' since this produced some really long table names (e.g.
vtiger_datashare_relatedmodule_permission)

I hope you will keep this among other bugs before the GA.

Will keep you posted.

Omar