[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc released

Gopal gopals at vtiger.com
Mon Aug 14 08:32:58 PDT 2006

Hi Jeff,

I remember, some time back you have asked to follow the convention given below:
At our current level of organization, The milestones are final release
numbers, what the vtiger guys have referred to as "GA". I don't think the
term "GA" should be part of our vocab, its all release numbers with
significant ordinal places and suffixes describing maturity (-alpha1,
-beta1, -rc1, etc.).

4.2.3 is the most recent milestone, 4.2.4 will be next. In this view of
things, the 5.0.0 milestone has had one code drop, which should have had,
(and will get after some cleanup) a tag:

vtigercrm/tags/vtigercrm-5.0.0-alpha1I followed your convention and asked my team to change files as specified in today's release. One thing I missed is RC1 assuming that there will be a public release (GA) post release candidate.

Please give your views, so that I can correct if there are any mistakes on my side.

Warm regards,
Gopal
---
S.S.G.Gopal
skype: sripadag
ph: +1 877 788 4437
blog: http://gopal.vtiger.com

---- On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk at yahoo.com> wrote ----

Richie wrote:
> We have released vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc today.

If you have the opportunity, renaming the files to

vtigercrm-5.0.0rc1.{tar.gz|.bin|.exe}

would be consistent with the discussed conventions for version naming,
and will assist packagers.

Numbering the status suffix (e.g. alpha|beta|rc) is
advisable unless it is certain there will only be one per release
status.

Thanks.