[Vtigercrm-developers] Usability question again

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at fosslabs.com
Fri Aug 11 11:11:33 PDT 2006

I think you have to allow the user to adjust this.. one reason why is
because a setup like asterisk requires you to input an extension for
that particular user.
Maybe a global setting that allows the admin to choose what types of
communications are allowed?  This would allow global control over the
types of communications allowed, then each user can enable/config them
for use.
Instead of a picklist next to the number in the entity record... we
could use the same type of link popup that is used for "Locate Map".  So
if a user clicks on a phone number, a small popup that has links to
execute allowed communications will pop up.  Seems like a cleaner way to
do the interface.. but I suck @ UI stuff so someone may have a better
idea.

Matt