[Vtigercrm-developers] Usability question again

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at fosslabs.com
Thu Aug 10 10:18:39 PDT 2006

I think I understand what you're saying... In some cases though, there
is only one way to contact a person, or in other cases a company may
only want you to contact customers a certain way (IE: via the office PBX
so calls can be recorded, etc).  Something flexible enough to handle
both scenarios would be nice.  Maybe a multi-select picklist in the user
settings that would allow a user to choose all the diff kinds of
communications they use (voip, skype, phoner, etc).  If the user selects
more than one means of communications, the picklist box you spoke of
earlier could be used... if they only have one type of communications
then a standard "click to dial" would be enabled on the phone record
itself.

I am getting ready to fire back up the asterisk integration project for
5.x and have spent some time trying to figure out a clean way to bring
in all the other click-to-dial work that was done in 4.x.

Matt