[Vtigercrm-developers] Installation problem in step 3 of 5. Need help

Jorge Garifuna jg at garinet.com
Wed Apr 26 23:57:40 PDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I have installed vTiger several times before on my linux hosting servers,
but now for the first time I'm trying to install it on a windows server and
there is problem on step 3 of 5.

Here is the error I'm getting:

   Step 3 of 5 [image: vtiger CRM]       Invalid Mysql Connection Parameters
specified   *

Error Message: Unable to connect to database Sever with the specified
connection parameters. This may be due to the following reasons:

- specified database user, password , hostname or port is invalid.
- specified database user does not have access to connect to the database
server from the host*
 *

Kindly check the specified database connection parameters...

*
Here is what I have:
-- vTiger 4.2.3
-- MySQL Server version: 4.0.24
-- PHP Version: 4.3.2

I know the database connection works well because I wrote a separate test
script with the same host name, user name and db name.

The following threads report the same problem but I found no solution so I
was wondering if anyone on this list can help me out

http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=5104

http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=5943

Thanks in advanced for your help.

--